Administrative Assistant CPO – General
This administrative position assists Director of Administration, President/CEO, and general programming of the Community Partnership of the Ozarks, Inc.
The Director of Administration, following adopted policies of Community Partnership of the Ozarks, evaluates the Administrative Assistant.
The Administrative Assistant will report to the Director of Administration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for handling incoming phone calls and voice mail;
- Distributes daily incoming mail and takes mail to the post office at the end of each business day;
- Travels within Springfield to run errands, purchase, deliver or pick up supplies as directed;
- Develops correspondence in the form of e-mails, letters, memos, meeting notices, etc. for program staff as directed;
- Places food orders for meetings and helps set up for meetings and events in the office and in the community as needed – works with front office personnel to ensure lobby and meeting rooms and kitchens are clean and tidy;
- Assists CPO staff preparing newsletters and mailings;
- Responsible for maintaining shared Outlook calendars for meeting spaces within organization;
- Responsible for ensuring that the copy room and supply rooms are neat and organized on a weekly basis;
- Assists CPO staff and volunteers with troubleshooting minor technology or equipment-related issues;
- Maintains adequate supply of the CPO purchase orders (POs) and other forms;
- Maintains inventory of all office supplies and distributes them as needed;
- Maintains various databases and prepares reports;
- Assists Director of Administration as back up for checking out IT equipment and business credit cards;
- Sends out meeting notices as directed via e-mail;
- Is cross-trained on all office equipment as well as bulk mail and regular mail procedures and will be back up Director of Administration in her absence;
- Maintains confidentiality;
- Takes and maintains meeting minutes for various meetings, committees, collaborative meetings, and other groups as directed;
- Submit monthly in-kind reports;
- Updates staff lists and documentation;
- Maintain accurate records of donations received by CPO by utilizing filing systems and online donor database;
- Compiles and maintains RSVP lists for meetings, events or other activities as directed;
- Assists with front desk duties at the Community Partnership’s O’Reilly Center for Hope as needed;
- Assists Director of Administration in any other duties, projects and assignments as needed;
- Participate in CPO’s resource development/fundraising activities;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of High School Diploma or equivalent;
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite and internet expertise;
- Lift, push or pull up to 50 pounds essential;
- Time management and organizational skills are a must in order to handle multiple tasks with various priorities;
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Must be punctual;
- Must be detail oriented and accurate;
- Must demonstrate strong computer and typing skills as well as written and oral communication skills;
- Must demonstrate a professional and friendly manner in dealing with the Partnership's staff, committees/task forces, clients and the general public;
- Must be able to effectively communicate the mission and work of the Community Partnership of the Ozarks, Inc.
This is a non-exempt full-time position.