Emergency Grant Specialist
The Emergency Grant Specialist is responsible for handling all COVID related emergency assistance phone calls, screening applicants to determine eligibility, collecting and completing all necessary documentation, and processing paperwork for approved funding.
The Caring Communities Program Director, following adopted policies of Community Partnership of the Ozarks and United Way of the Ozarks, evaluates the Emergency Grant Specialist.
The Emergency Grant Specialist reports directly to the Caring Communities Program Director.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- HS diploma or equivalent;
- Previous grant support experience preferred;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal);
- Strong data collection, tracking and reporting skills;
- Excellent follow up and follow through;
- Punctuality and good attendance;
- Computer and internet literate (Microsoft Office, Teams and Google);
- Comfortable working with diverse clients.
- Manage all incoming requests for COVID related rent and utility assistance;
- Assess client needs, determine eligibility, and process approved applications for COVID funding;
- Provide community referrals for clients not eligible for COVID funding:
- Maintain accurate client files, with appropriate documentation;
- Assist in tracking emergency grant budget;
- Prepare and submit monthly reports;
- Attend staff, operational, and other community meetings as assigned;
- Participate in relevant professional development;
- Other duties as assigned.
The position of Emergency Grant Specialist is a seasonal and grant funded position. Community Partnership of the Ozarks is an Equal Opportunity Employer.