Financial Stability Program Assistant – VISTA
The Financial Stability Program Assistant will work with the Financial Stability and VITA Coordinators to provide support for Community Partnership’s Financial Stability Programs. The Making Sense of Money program provides basic budgeting and other asset building services in the community. Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program provides free tax preparation services to those that are low -moderate- income. The Financial Stability Program Assistant primary responsibilities will be marketing/promotion and volunteer recruitment, retention, and management.
The Financial Stability Program Assistant-VISTA reports to the MSOM and VITA Coordinators.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain relationships with community organizations and partner agencies;
- Implement marketing strategies to promote Making Sense of Money (MSOM) and Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Programs;
- Implement strategies to increase the number of volunteers within the VITA and MSOM programs and rendition of current volunteers;
- Establish relationships with current volunteers;
- Review and understand IRS publications designed to describe the VITA program and review current VITA grant to understand the program plan;
- Review MSOM curriculum, processes and procedure as to be able to describe content to potential volunteers;
- Document in-kind services, numbers served, outcome measures, etc. as required for reports to grant and funding sources;
- Create and implement evaluation methods for services and programs;
- Maintain confidentiality;
- Develop methods of communication to share the outcomes of the programs;
- Participate in relevant professional development and training opportunities;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of local/community resources;
- Strong computer skills, especially internet and Microsoft Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel);
- Experience with program/event planning and management.
- Flexible schedule and must be able to work some evenings and weekends;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to take a team approach and develop relationships within the agency, and in the public and private sectors;
- Public speaking/facilitation skills;
- Strong analytical skills and ability to measure and evaluate program performance;
- Strong time management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously;
- Experience and knowledge of grant writing and facilitation;
- Ability to work with people from all socio-economic levels, backgrounds and professional levels;
- Must be able to effectively communicate the mission and work of the Community Partnership of the Ozarks, Inc.
The position of Financial Stability Program Assistant-VISTA is a paid position under the AmeriCorps*VISTA program. Apply at egrants.cns.gov.