First Birthday Safe Sleep Specialist
The First Birthday Safe Sleep Specialist is responsible for initiating and maintaining contact with families, primarily through home visits and referrals from other agencies.
The VP of Early Childhood and Family Development following adopted policies of Community Partnership of the Ozarks, evaluates the First Birthday Safe Sleep Specialist.
The First Birthday Safe Sleep Specialist reports to the VP of Early Childhood and Family Development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Systematically schedule and implement contact with referred families, primarily through home visitation;
- Maintain regular contact with families and deliver equipment as needed;
- Follow through on referrals made to the First Birthday Project by health care agencies and professionals;
- Address the needs, concerns, and questions of each individual family in a timely, professional manner;
- Maintain accurate, timely records of all services and materials delivered to families;
- Plan and implement public awareness activities;
- Coordinate activities with other agencies as required;
- Maintain an awareness of available community services and refer families to appropriate resources as needed;
- Submit monthly reports to Supervisor;
- Assure documented progress of agreed upon benchmarks and performance measure;
- Abide by the rules, regulations and adopted policies of First Birthday project;
- Participate in CPO’s resource development/fundraising activities;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Two years of experience working with young children and families required. Bachelor’s degree in early childhood education, child and family development, psychology, social work, special education, or a related field from an accredited college or university preferred;
- Strong knowledge of child development;
- Comfortable working with a wide range of families;
- Individual must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, be computer literate, out-going, creative, organized, and resourceful, a self-starter, and professional;
- Willing to work a flexible schedule, some evening and weekend work is required;
- History of regular attendance;
- Ability to push, pull or lift 35 pounds;
- Ability to work with others as a team member;
- Must have reliable transportation and the ability to travel throughout southwest Missouri.
Position Clarification: The position of First Birthday Safe Sleep Specialist is a grant-funded position and is based upon funding availability. This is a non-exempt, full-time position, working 30 hours per week. Grant funding dictates the pay range of this position. CPO receives federal grants and contracts and therefore must comply with the Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988. Marijuana is considered an illegal drug under federal law, with no exception for medicinal use and is not protected under ADA. Community Partnership of the Ozarks is an Equal Opportunity Employer