Healthy Families Family Support Specialist
The Healthy Families Family Support Specialist is responsible for initiating and maintaining regular contact with families, primarily through home visits and networking meetings and coordinating other services.
The Healthy Families Supervisor, following adopted policies of Community Partnership of the Ozarks and United Way of the Ozarks, evaluates the Healthy Families Family Support Specialist.
The Healthy Families Family Support Specialist reports directly to the Supervisor of the Healthy Families program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of related experiences and/or training;
- Strong knowledge of infant and child development;
- Comfortable working with wide range of children and their families;
- Individual must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, be computer literate, out-going, creative, organized, and resourceful, a self-starter, and professional;
- Willing to work a flexible schedule, some evening and weekend work might be required;
- History of regular attendance;
- Ability to push, pull or lift 35 lbs.;
- Ability to work with others as a team member;
- Ability to travel throughout southwest Missouri.
- Systematically schedule and implement contact with enrolled families, primarily through home visitation;
- Maintain regular contact with families;
- Follow through on referrals made to the Healthy Families program by other agencies and professionals;
- Plan and implement appropriate networking meetings and activities as required;
- Address the needs, concerns, and questions of each individual family in a family centered, strength based, timely, professional manner;
- Maintain accurate, timely records of all services and materials delivered to families;
- Plan, order and maintain materials needed for implementation of the Healthy Families program;
- Plan and implement Parent Café and any other parenting support groups or activities;
- Coordinate activities with other agencies as required;
- Maintain an awareness of available community services and refer families to appropriate resources as needed;
- Submit weekly reports to Program Supervisor;
- Assure documented progress of agreed upon benchmarks and performance measure;
- Serve on relevant external and internal committees;
- Abide by the rules, regulations and adopted policies of the Healthy Families program;
- Participate in CPO’s resource development/fundraising activities;
- Other duties as assigned.
This position is grant-funded and is based upon funding availability. This is an non-exempt, full-time position. Community Partnership of the Ozarks is an Equal Opportunity Employer.