Homeless Services Policy and Program Coordinator
The Homeless Services Policy and Program Coordinator will work with new and established coalitions and task forces to develop and implement strategies to address challenges to housing stability for those who are homeless. This position will work with groups that include but are not limited to: Ozarks Alliance to End Homelessness and subcommittees, housing collaborative, and others that address key issues. This position will provide coordination and facilitate support to emerging community response initiatives related to homelessness, including the increase of affordable housing as a culminating goal to end homelessness. Continuum of Care Specific Responsibilities: This position will ensure full compliance with policies and procedures as they relate to state and federal funding guidelines set forth by the US Department of Housing and Urban Development and others to address homelessness in Springfield/Greene, Christian and Webster Counties in Missouri. To this end, this position will convene and facilitate the Springfield/Greene, Christian and Webster Counties Continuum of Care (DBA The Ozarks Alliance to End Homelessness) Executive Board, Full Membership, and sub-committees. The Homeless Services Policy and Program Coordinator will manage annual state and federal funding processes. This position will lead the for US Department of Housing and Urban Development grant funds, as well as monitor grantees and assess progress on meeting community-wide goals, evaluate program performance, and monitor compliance with all state and federal funding requirements. Programming Responsibilities: This position will assist with the coordination of events and programs that impact key strategies of the Ozarks Alliance to End Homelessness, and other community-based initiatives established to address homelessness and affordable housing.
The Vice President of Affordable Housing and Homeless Prevention, following adopted policies of Community Partnership of the Ozarks and United Way of the Ozarks, evaluates the Homeless Services Policy and Program Coordinator.
The Homeless Services Policy and Programming Coordinator will report to the Vice President of Affordable Housing and Homeless Prevention.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide management and staff support to new and established community-based coalitions and task forces addressing issues related to homelessness and housing stability. This includes, but is not limited to, the Continuum of Care (DBA The Ozarks Alliance to End Homelessness) and its subcommittees. This includes facilitating the successful completion of all associated projects and support work, including meeting preparation, facilitation, and creating accountability for action items;
- Represent the Continuum of Care on the Housing Collaborative and all appropriate subcommittees;
- Coordinate outreach services previously provided at the Hope Connection and the Veteran’s Stand Down, as well as new initiatives such as workforce development, legal justice, and equality;
- Coordinate the successful implementation of the Point in Time Count and assigned duties for the November Homeless Awareness Month events;
- Working with the Vice President of Communications, develop a marketing and education plan to ensure connection with community-based services and supports;
- Participate in CPO’s resource development/fundraising activities;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration, Sociology, Business Administration, or a related field, a minimum of two years professional experience, and experience in grant writing, administration, and policy development required;
- Experience in management of state and/or federal grants and project monitoring, or equivalent combination of experience and training that provide essential knowledge, skills, and abilities preferred;
- Experience with Continuum of Care planning and management processes and familiarity with homelessness issues strongly preferred;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to develop strong working relationships across community, public and private sectors;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including ability to write and prepare grant proposals;
- Proven ability to manage and facilitate collaborative decision-making processes and achieve established outcomes;
- Experience in negotiation and conflict resolution procedures, as well as ensuring programmatic compliance to meet community benchmarks and goals;
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously; comfort and flexibility with evolving and changing state and federal funding requirements and dynamic local partnerships;
- Strong analytical skills and ability to measure and evaluate program performance;
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Suite, online grant systems (e-Snaps) and the use of social media tools;
- Knowledge and skills in marketing, event planning, and meeting coordination techniques.
The position of Homeless Services Policy and Programming Coordinator is a grant-funded position and is based upon funding availability. This is an exempt full-time position.