This position is responsible for payroll, employee benefits and workers compensation processing, along with maintaining personnel records for Community Partnership of the Ozarks, Inc. Starting Pay: $22.00 per hour
The Chief Operating Officer, following adopted policies of Community Partnership of the Ozarks, evaluates the Payroll/HR Specialist.
he Payroll/HR Specialist will report to the Chief Operating Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process semi-monthly payroll;
- Process other supplemental payroll, as needed;
- Review timesheets for compliance with current CPO policies and procedures and current federal/state laws;
- Maintain employee bank account information for direct deposit;
- Maintain all garnishments, tax levies, and child support orders according to the law;
- Distribute payroll vouchers each pay period to employees;
- Update payroll distribution codes from timesheet hours worked for each pay period;
- Transfer each pay period payroll data into accounting system;
- Federal and State employment taxes – calculation, deposit and monthly/quarterly reporting by the required due dates;
- Prcess payment for all payroll liabilities, garnishments, YMCA fees, drug testing, background cks, etc.
- Vacation/Sick leave tracking;
- W-2 form and 1095 form preparation at end of calendar year;
- Reconciliation and analysis of payroll related general ledger accounts.
- Employee Benefits:
- Maintain all eligible benefit coverages for eligible employees;
- Process payment for all benefits;
- Maintain COBRA, ERISA and ACA compliance using TASC online system;
- Reconciliation of benefit accounts between billings and payroll database;
- Annual preparation of Form 5500 – related to the retirement and 403b plans.
- Workers Compensation:
- Coordination of workers compensation injury appointments;
- Processing of worker’s compensation injury paperwork and claims;
- Coordinate annual workers compensation audit;
- Process monthly payment of workers compensation billing;
- Distributes daily incoming mail and takes mail to the post office at the end of each business day;
- Maintain personnel files in a confidential and accurate manner;
- Job openings posting to all approved recruitment sources;
- Maintain job description documents;
- New hire human resource onboarding and payroll/human resource paperwork processing;
- Set up new employee information in the payroll/accounting system;
- Process employee information changes based upon backup documentation received from employee;
- Maintain FMLA documentation and provide the required notifications to employee;
- Offboarding processing of terminated employees’ payroll and benefits;
- Maintain and update CPO Employee Handbook;
- Affirmative Action Plan preparation.
- Assists Chief Operating Officer in any other duties, projects and assignments as needed;
- Audit workpaper preparation and assistance with auditor’s fieldwork requests for payroll related information;
- Participate in CPO’s resource development/fundraising activities;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors or Associates Degree in accounting or related field;
- 2 years payroll/personnel processing experience preferred;
- Knowledge of payroll/human resources/accounting principles and practices required;
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite required;
- Time management and organizational skills are a must in order to handle multiple tasks with various priorities;
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Must be detail oriented and able to handle written and numerical data with speed and accuracy;
- Must possess strong written and oral communication skills;
- Must demonstrate a professional friendly manner and establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees;
- Must be able to effectively communicate the mission and work of the Community Partnership of the Ozarks, Inc.
his is a non-exempt full-time position. Grant funding dictates pay range for this position.