This administrative position is responsible for payroll, employee benefits management and workers compensation processing along with maintaining personnel records for approximately 60+ employees of Community Partnership of the Ozarks (CPO). Position requires a Bachelor's or Associate's Degree in accounting or related field. 2 years of Payroll/Personnel processing experience preferred. Knowledge of Payroll/Human Resources/Accounting principles and practices required. Time management and organizational skills along with strong computer skills are a must in order to handle multiple tasks with various priorities. Must be detail oriented and able to handle written and numerical data with speed and accuracy. This position is a non-exempt, full-time position working 37.5 hours per week.
The Chief Operating Officer, following adopted policies of Community Partnership of the Ozarks, evaluates the Payroll Specialist.
he Payroll Specialist will report to the Chief Operating Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process semi-monthly payroll;
- Process other supplemental payroll, as needed;
- Review timesheets for compliance with current CPO policies and procedures and current federal/state laws;
- Maintain employee bank account information for direct deposit;
- Maintain all garnishments, tax levies, and child support orders according to the law;
- Distribute payroll vouchers each pay period to employees;
- Distribute payroll distribution codes from timesheet hours worked for each pay period:
- Transfer each pay period payroll data into accounting system;
- Federal and State employment taxes – calculation, deposit and monthly/quarterly reporting by the required due dates;
- Prcess payment for all payroll liabilities, garnishments, YMCA fees, drug testing, background cks, etc.
- Vacation/Sick leave tracking;
- W-2 form and 1095 form preparation at end of calendar year;
- Reconciliation and analysis of payroll related general ledger accounts.
- Employee Benefits:
- Maintain all eligible benefit coverages for eligible employees;
- Process payment for all benefits;
- Maintain COBRA, ERISA and ACA compliance using TASC online system;
- Reconciliation of benefit accounts between billings and payroll database;
- Annual preparation of Form 5500 – related to the retirement and 403b plans.
- Workers Compensation:
- Coordination of workers compensation injury appointments;
- Processing of worker’s compensation injury paperwork and claims;
- Coordinate annual workers compensation audit;
- Process monthly payment of workers compensation billing;
- Distributes daily incoming mail and takes mail to the post office at the end of each business day;
- Maintain personnel files in a confidential and accurate manner;
- Job openings posting to all approved recruitment sources;
- Maintain job description documents;
- New hire human resource onboarding and payroll/human resource paperwork processing;
- Set up new employee information in the payroll/accounting system;
- Process employee information changes based upon backup documentation received from employee;
- Maintain FMLA documentation and provide the required notifications to employee;
- Offboarding processing of terminated employees’ payroll and benefits;
- Maintain and update CPO Employee Handbook;
- Affirmative Action Plan preparation.
- Assists Chief Operating Officer in any other duties, projects and assignments as needed;
- Audit workpaper preparation and assistance with auditor’s fieldwork requests for payroll related information;
- Participate in CPO’s resource development/fundraising activities;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors or Associates Degree in accounting or related field;
- 2 years payroll/personnel processing experience preferred;
- Knowledge of payroll/human resources/accounting principles and practices required;
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite required;
- Time management and organizational skills are a must in order to handle multiple tasks with various priorities;
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Must be detail oriented and able to handle written and numerical data with speed and accuracy;
- Must possess strong written and oral communication skills;
- Must demonstrate a professional friendly manner and establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees;
- Must be able to effectively communicate the mission and work of the Community Partnership of the Ozarks, Inc.
This is a non-exempt full-time position. Community Partnership of the Ozarks is an Equal Opportunity Employer.