Environmental Sustainability Collaborative
The Environmental Sustainability Collaborative is currently focused on the following projects:
- Supporting Ozarks Clean Air Alliance (OCAA), a subcommittee of the Collaborative.
- Support and raise awareness about the need of local sustainable funding for quality programs.
- Providing input related to community/regional environmental issues.
- Supporting and serving as a resource related to the Integrated Plan for the Environment, an innovative project of the City of Springfield, Greene County, and City Utilities of Springfield.
- Reviewing and providing input as requested related to other local issues as brought to the Collaborative.
- Remaining aware of local issues that merit attention from the Collaborative, including bringing these issues to Integrated Plan for the Environment or other appropriate organizations/bodies.
- Reviewing progress and areas needing progress relative to the Green Building Task Force Report; Field Guide 2030; Vision 20/20 and the Community Focus Report, selecting items that the collaborative could embrace as viable projects.
Doug Neidigh with Missouri State University serves as the Chair and Angie Snyder with the Ozarks Headwaters Recycling District serves as the Vice-Chair. The Environmental Sustainability Collaborative meets quarterly.
Have questions or interested in joining?
Contact Ashley Corsolini, Director of the Community Collaboratives, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 417-888-2020.