The Environmental Collaborative is currently focused on the following projects:
- Supporting Ozarks Clean Air Alliance (OCAA), a subcommittee of the Collaborative.
- Support and raise awareness about the need of local sustainable funding for quality programs.
- Providing input related to community/regional environmental issues.
- Supporting and serving as a resource related to the Integrated Plan for the Environment, an innovative project of the City of Springfield, Greene County, and City Utilities of Springfield.
- Reviewing and providing input as requested related to other local issues as brought to the Collaborative.
- Remaining aware of local issues that merit attention from the Collaborative, including bringing these issues to Integrated Plan for the Environment or other appropriate organizations/bodies.
- Reviewing progress and areas needing progress relative to the Green Building Task Force Report; Field Guide 2030; Vision 20/20 and the Community Focus Report, selecting items that the collaborative could embrace as viable projects.
Ronda Burnett and Doug Neidigh serve as Co-Chairs and Ronda Burnett serves as the Vice-Chair. The Environmental Collaborative meets quarterly, contact Justin Lockhart for information on the next meeting.